Sunday, October 5, 2008

Unconditional, Everlasting Love

Lonely, sinful, here I stand
Held securely in His gentle hand
Always needing help from above
His unconditional, everlasting love

Jesus loves me, this I know
For His word has told me so
He sends it daily from above
His unconditional, everlasting love

I was once alone and afraid
Didn't know the price He paid
He came down from up above
To give unconditional, everlasting love

Now He sends me out today
To show other people that He's the way
He gives them forgiveness from above
His unconditional, everlasting love

And when this world I have to leave
I've got a home up there that you won't believe
I will live with Him above
Thanks to unconditional, everlasting love
He gives unconditional, everlasting love

copyright 2008 Sandra Ward Johnson

1 comment:

Lynn said...

That is a beautiful poem. You have a wonderful gift.