Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Things

"Consider the lillies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin. and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field which today is,and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith." Matthew 6:28-30

Though the storms may rage around me
My soul can still feel peace
For when I prayed to Him to calm the storm
The one He calmed was me.
He took my hand to guide me
To a place that was safe and dry
And in the haven of His love
My praise for Him shall rise

He holds us gently in His hands
He lifts us when we fall
He gives us a reason to live each day
And He hears us when we call

You see these trials in my life
That could never count for good
When I turn them over to Him
I see them as I should
Though to the world
I should just give up
My heart, it still feels joy
For from my trials come victories
That show His love to all

copyright 2008 Sandra Ward Johnson

No comments: