Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thunderstorms

I've been sitting here listening to the rain coming down and the occasional sound of thunder.
I can't say that I really like thunderstorms, but there is something strangely calming about being at home in bad weather. Just resting in the safety of my home. There are a lot of things that are true about storms that are also true in life. When the storms of life are flying around us, isn't it great to rest in God knowing that no matter what He will keep us and see us through them. And the rain, refreshing rain-washing the world and cleansing it. Everything is greener after a good rain. Isn't that what God does? He cleanses our sins and gives us a new,fresh start.
I pray that everyone reading this knows the saving grace of Jesus. It is free to all who will accept it. All you have to do is ask.
Until tomorrow, Sandra J

No comments: