Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthdays(again) and breast cancer

Well tomorrow is my birthday. Usually it never seemed so important to me. It is very important this year because I am two years cancer free. When I wake up tomorrow morning I will be thankful for what is and that God overcame that could have been. I don't know why I am one of the blessed women who was diagnosed early and spared the chemotherapy. Many are not and have to go through a great deal more. I will always have a chance that cancer could return or I could have a new diagnosis. But you know what , why worry about what you cannot control? My birthday wish is for every woman who reads this blog to make sure that they have regular checkups and mammograms. Remember if we prayed as much as we talked to our friends, we would be so much closer to God!

When I think my prayers
God cannot hear
He is not far away
It is because
I don't take the time
To hear what He has to say
Sometimes, I don't stop to think
That He is all around
And every single step I take
I walk on holy ground
No burning bush to light my way
Sometimes the path grows dim
If I want to see the light
I must keep my eyes on Him
In every single breath I take
In Him my hope is found
He knows my life
He knows my heart
I walk on holy ground.

copyright 2008 Sandra Ward Johnson

No comments: