Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I don't know what other people think, but I think that Thanksgiving gets skipped over in the rush for the marketing of Christmas(which is a whole other post for later). I personally take Thanksgiving very seriously. I know that it is hard for some people to be thankful for anything in this world that we live in. I am thankful that I know that I am only passing through and this is not my final home. I could go on and give you a list of all the blessings that I am thankful for. Things that are familiar to everyone because they are blessings that most of us have in common.
I do, however, want to tell you about some things that I thought I could never be thankful for and how they changed my life. I believe you should thank God for the good and the bad. By thanking Him for the bad you are giving it to Him. Remember to let things strengthen your faith. I know that having breast cancer has changed many things in my spiritual life. I don't think that it is easy to say that you are thankful for illness, but I am extremely thankful for what the experience taught me. I knew that no matter what, I was in God's hands. This increased my faith to a level that I had never felt before. I knew that whatever happened it was okay.
Letting God be in control is awesome. I saw His healing in my life when the cancer turned out to be much smaller that what had shown on my mammogram. I felt His comfort every step of the way. Now I am thankful every morning that I wake and can get out of bed. Some people can't.
I am thankful for people who pray for you. I mean REALLY pray for you. It makes such a difference. I think that the experience let me see the greatness of God. As you approach Thanksgiving, don't forget to give thanks for ALL things.
It is good to give thanks to the Lord
And sing praises to Your name, Oh Most High
To declare your lovingkindness in the morning
And Your faithfulness every night.
Psalm92:1-2

Until Next time, Sandra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandra,Thank you for your words of wisdom. I am in awe at the things God will do when we ask. I am so very glad you're my friend. Harriette