Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, another year has come and gone. We have passed over the thresh hold into 2009. I am thankful for all of God's blessings during 2008. There have been so many. Sure there have been some not so good things too. But in the scheme of things, they just really don't matter. I have learned to take everyday as it comes and let God be in control. I have seen loved ones and friends diagnosed with cancer last year and this year will bring one of the toughest fights of their lives. I pray God's mercy and healing power on them in their struggles and know from personal experience how much our prayers make a difference when people are going through cancer. I lost a friend to cancer just before Christmas. I will forever remember her words the last time that I talked to her. She said "If I don't see you again here, then I will see you there." I know that she is in heaven with our Heavenly Father right at this moment. What beautiful faith! She knew that she was ready to meet Jesus. I pray that this year will bring many blessings to you and your families and that your faith and assurance of what lies ahead of us will only be strengthened through this year. Off we go into this new year!
Until next time Sandra J

No comments: