Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas angel

I had the opportunity last week to watch a Christmas play put on by a church group. This was no ordinary play, however. All of the individuals involved have special needs. My sister-in-law was in the play. She was an angel. She has down's syndrome. Through the years that I have been privileged to be her sister-in-law, she has taught me a lot about life. She loves us all unconditionally. She talks to people that I cannot see. Sometimes she calls them angels, sometimes she will point to an apparently empty seat that she has directed her conversation towards and say "Jesus". I have no doubts that she is talking to Him. I think that these individuals have a connection and trust in God that we cannot even understand. I tell her often that when we both get to heaven, we are going to have a lot to talk about. She will say "Yeah"
I doubt that I will ever see another Christmas program in my life that is as inspiring as this one. The pure love and worship that I felt I will carry with me throughout the year. I think when we get to heaven that we may find out that we are actually the ones with disabilities.
Merry Christmas
Until next time Sandra J

No comments: